1. If on the car automatic transmission and a starter is established does not join, be convinced that the selector is in situation P or N.
2. Be convinced that the accumulator is completely charged, on tips of wires and plugs of the storage battery and a starter there is no corrosion.
3. If the starter rotates, and the engine flywheel — is not present, that, possibly, the obgonny coupling of a starter (she does not allow бендиксу to rotate together with the engine after start) is faulty. In this case it is necessary to repair or replace a starter. As other reason for that strong weakening of bolts of fastening of a starter (the gear wheel бендикса does not enter into gearing with a flywheel wreath) can serve.
4. If at starter inclusion its engine is not turned, and the involving relay works (clicks) are audible, either the accumulator is rarefied, or plugs of the involving relay are oxidized, or the starter (if the engine of the car is not jammed) is faulty.
5. If at inclusion of a starter it is not audible even clicks of the involving relay, the accumulator is faulty, conducting is torn off or the involving relay is faulty.
6. For check of serviceability of the involving relay connect the positive plug of a starter to the small plug of the involving relay. If the starter starts to rotate, the involving relay as it should be, and is faulty either the ignition lock, or conducting, or the sensor of the selector of automatic transmission (if the selector is in situation P or N).
7. If after short circuit of plugs the starter rotates slowly, be convinced that the accumulator is charged, and wires are reliably attached. If the engine of the car is partially jammed or oil with high viscosity is filled in, the starter also will slowly rotate.
8. Start the engine and warm up to working temperature. Muffle the engine, take a safety lock of the fuel pump, and also disconnect electric sockets from ignition coils.
9. Attach a positive wire of the voltmeter to the positive plug of the storage battery, and negative — to the negative plug.
10. Include a starter and as soon as voltmeter indications are stabilized, write down them. Do not include a starter more, than for 15 seconds. If speed of rotation of a starter normal, and tension more than 10.5 Volts, everything is all right. If tension of 10.5 Volts and above, and speed of rotation of a starter low, contacts of the involving relay burned slightly, the starter or conducting is faulty. If tension less than 10.5 Volts and speed of rotation of a starter low, the starter is faulty or the accumulator is discharged.